GLEAMNS receives funds for the Weatherization Program to help eligible households with provisions of services and materials in the Upper Savannah Region (Greenwood, Laurens, Edgefield, Abbeville, McCormick, Newberry, and Saluda), as well as Anderson, Oconee, Pickens, Cherokee and Spartanburg Counties.
Weatherization measures are delivered to homeowners and renters who reside in single-family homes and manufactured homes. Applicants must be income eligible to qualify for Weatherization Assistance based on Federal Poverty Guidelines.
|2017 Federal Poverty Income Guidelines for Weatherization|
|Family Size||Monthly Income|
For each additional person, add $696.67
NOTE: If your home was weatherized after September 30, 1994, re-weatherization cannot be done at this time.
Required Documentation: In order to be in compliance with State and Federal guidelines, the following information must be on file for every dwelling weatherized by GLEAMNS:
- A copy of a valid South Carolina driver's license or picture ID reflecting the street address of the home being considered for weatherization for all persons in the home 18 years and older.
- A copy of an original Social Security card for all persons in the home.
- Income verification for 30 days in the form of: Award letter from Social Security for the current year for retirees and disabled persons, pension statement for the current year, consecutive payroll receipts, DSS food stamp report (3-page), or statement from employer showing gross earnings for all persons in the home 18 years and older. Bank statements will not be accepted as proof of income.
- A copy of a current electric bill and gas bill if home is not total electric. The name of the applicant or a household member must be on the bill.
- If the applicant is the homeowner, a copy of the county tax receipt for the home is needed.
For additional information, please contact the main office at:
Joseph Hazel or Pat Kimble
237 North Hospital Street
P.O. Box 1326, Greenwood, SC 29648
Email: Joseph Hazel
Email: Pat Kimble